Reduce Plastic Litter
The SEA LIFE Trust works globally to reduce plastic pollution.
We run campaigns and support projects that help to reduce the wave of plastic from entering our oceans.
5 simple things you can do to help reduce plastic pollution
Here are our top 5 tips for reducing plastic waste and the amount of pollution that ends up in the marine ecosystem:
Don’t use plastic bags!
- Use a reusable bag or bag for life instead.
Reduce, reuse and recycle plastic
- Reduce your use of plastics, reuse plastic products whenever possible, recycle all of the rubbish you can!
Look for less packaging
- If products come with too much packaging, refuse to buy them and complain to the manufacturers.
Watch out for toiletries that contain microbeads
- These small plastic beads are found in some facial products, soaps, shower gels and toothpastes. They are very small so can't be effectively filtered from waste before it enters rivers, lakes or oceans.
Pick up litter next time you're at the beach!
- Next time you're at the seaside, take a minute or two to remove some of the rubbish on the beach
Continue exploring more about our marine conservation work and see how you can get involved with our charity.